Saturday, January 13, 2007

Time to Meet the Rest of the Family


Today was going to be blog day in my world (along with menu planning, grocery shopping, and house cleaning day). Life, however, intervened. We had three very welcome visitors to our house, our daughter (Kim) and two granddaughter (Cayce and Brooklynn). Cayce is 8 years old and in second grade; Brooklynn is six weeks old. They are shown here with ther Aunt Kira (who was named "Nonni" by Cayce when she first leaned to talk). Somehow, their beautiful mother always manages to slip out of camera range.
We enjoyed visiting with them. When they left, the Husband (Kent) and I did the most dreaded of all chores; we went shopping at Costco on a Saturday afternoon. Don't get me wrong; I love Costco. I've been member since their very first warehouse opened in our city in 1978. I just hate going there on the weekend. Although we could have filled up on the $1.62 hot dog special, we chose instead to precede our shopping with a visit to Famous Ray's Pizza--the closest thing we've found to John's Pizza since our visit to the Big Apple last June. We love their pizza and their wings, and it's always better to visit Costco without an empty belly.
By the time we got home, I was feeling a bit under the weather. I sat down on the couch, and that was the last thing I knew for the next three hours. So now, after my long winter's nap, I'm up, working on the blog for awhile. I've changed the format a bit; feedback is welcome. I felt the white on black, which I loved from a design perspective, was just a bit too hard to read. So...I'm off to grab a slice of cold pizza and a Diet Pepsi, then back to the keyboard!

No comments: