Thursday, January 11, 2007

Never trust a weatherman!


Living in the middle of a desert, I crave gray, rainy days. Given the weatherman's promises of late, I was hoping for a little of this:







What I got instead, though, was a whole bunch of this:





Not exactly what I was looking for. I didn't even get a good dinner. Instead, I stopped at the local Subway with a colleague on my way to a board meeting. I had my camera with me, and thought about taking a picture. That, my friends, would be sad. You ALL know what Subway looks like.


However, I did get to see several staff members from our district receive prestigious awards. I'm very proud of what our school district does for kids. While I honestly don't get excited about the thought a meeting after a long day of work, it's always energizing to be reminded of all the good things we're doing and the commitment so many have to making the future brighter for children.


Tomorrow night, The Plan will be back in operation. While I don't want to give away any secrets, I'll give you a sneak peak at some key ingredients of tomorrow night's dinner:


Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday! See you tomorrow night.





No comments: