Sunday, May 27, 2007

Taste of Thailand

After a couple of months of Ina, then a couple more months of catching food whenever because of my broken foot, it became apparent that the Husband and I really needed to take off some weight. So, we started Weight Watchers a few weeks ago. So, for the next few weeks, I'll be cooking primarily out of Weight Watchers Take Out Tonight, a collection of recipes featuring popular (you guessed it) take out foods.



We kicked things off with Shrimp Pad Thai, which I have never ordered or eaten before. Therefore, I have no idea if this tastes like the real thing, but I know we liked it. As he went back the third time, the Husband asked, "How many servings am I allowed to have?" Considering his hard work in the yard all day, I figured he could have as much as he wanted. I "doubled" the recipe (I didn't have double the amount of rice noodles, but had double everything else), and it made eight very generous servings.
We are off to spend the day with family visiting from Australia. I'll be taking deviled eggs and another veggie tray, although a much smaller one this time. Unfortunately, the dip I made ended up being "killer" in a not very flattering way, so it's going into the trash. I'm going to have to stop and (gulp) BUY dip. Yikes.
Baby Brooklynn is coming home with us this afternoon for some quality spoiling while her family goes to see a movie. Poppa will have to hold and entertain her while I whip up some Eggplant Parmesan Heroes, also from this cookbook. Check back and check them out.

No comments: