Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Reviving an old favorite

I used to make this Buttermilk Grilled Chicken all the time. The recipe somehow fell off my radar, and I hadn't thought about it for at least a couple of years. Then, while I was cleaning out a closet, I found it--and a bunch of other old favorites--crammed into a box. An overnight soak in a spice and aromatic laden buttermilk bath leaves the chicken tender and moist. It takes only a few minutes on a grill to finish this off. The buttermilk marinade includes ginger, cayenne pepper, garlic, and several other flavorful additions. None of them dominates the chicken, but they all marry into a flavorful final product. Sorry; I have no pictures. I got home really late, and eating was more of a priority than photographing tonight.

I urge you to put this recipe in your to-try pile, though. A few minutes of marinade assembly the night before leaves you with a company worthy dish. I hear a rumor that it's good with pork chops, too, but I haven't tried it yet.

No comments: