Thursday, June 28, 2007

I've Got a Rocket in my Pocket!


With Independence Day right around the corner, who could resist a recipe with the word rocket in the title? Not me! Any guesses about what the American equivalent of rocket might be? Arugula. It sort of makes sense, with the spicy, assertive, attention-getting taste of this green.


I'm continuing my Sunday Game of the Week quest by cooking exclusively out of Donna Hay's Modern Classics I. Tonight, I made two recipes--the Spaghetti with Lemon, Capers, and Rocket...and...Garlic Prawns (aka Shrimp Scampi). Both were very, very good. The pasta had all of my favorite flavors, so there was no way that one was going to be bad. The shrimp were rich, succulent, and had plenty of garlicky olive oil/butter for dipping. Had we had some crusty bread, it would have been great to soak up some of that yummy goodness.


This post will pretty much wrap up the week for me. We're off to Sedona tomorrow, where four generations will enjoy time together, good food, and the beautiful scenery. If we cook anything exciting, I'll post it, but so far, everyone is just choosing tried and true favorites. So...I'll see you back here in a week!

No comments: